Community Development Project Manager
|Benefits:||People are our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes health, dental, disability and life insurance; bonus and profit sharing; 401k and flexible spending plans. GBBN was recognized as a 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Top Workplace by Enquirer Media. Employees participated in a survey that assessed the overall organizational environment and included questions ranging from leadership vision to role specific questions such as growth opportunities and benefits. The results were then compared to a benchmark of national companies.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Community Development Project Manager should have experience leading projects of varying scales with multiple clients. The Project Manager is responsible for client relationships and management of client and consultant contracts. The Project Manager will manage the research, planning, design and construction administration for multiple projects and teams. The Project Manager will be encouraged to publish and present original professional articles and work. We intend for this position to maintain a high charge ratio on projects with the balance of time shared between marketing and strategic responsibilities.|
The individual should be passionate about design, and provide leadership in the creative process that develop innovative concepts that enrich design solutions for the client and end-users.
|Duties:||• Manage client relationships from project definition through project delivery;|
• Define the project scope and negotiate client and consultant contracts;
• Achieve project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals;
• Collaborate with firm management to ensure appropriate staffing of project teams;
• Manage project lifecycle and deliverable expectations, and ensure client and team understanding of milestone dates;
• Lead client presentations;
• Achieve effective issue resolution and enhance project quality through status reporting to multiple internal and external audiences;
• Review financial reports and monitor billing and account receivable activity;
• Review and approve invoices to client and from consultants;
• Ensure that the goals for the project work-plan, team, and project are carried out;
• Conduct self-directed research and publish professional articles.
• Contribute to business development by establishing confidence with clients, actively encourage and seek opportunities for follow up business for each project, and assist in the development and participate in interviews for potential projects;
• Continue professional development through multiple resources.
|Qualifications:||• 15 years of related experience with minimum 5 years PM experience;|
• Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s).
• Professional License in related field (Architect);
• Strong higher education and/or community development project design and technical skills;
• Demonstrated success publishing and presenting professional topics, both internally and externally;
• Ability to manage project teams effectively and meet project schedules;
• Leadership style that is based on building consensus for best results;
• Ability to balance the needs of projects with corporate goals;
• Desire to grow team professionals through education and mentoring;
• Proficient in technologies related to field (such as, Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, etc.).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.