|Benefits:||People are our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes health, dental, disability and life insurance; bonus and profit sharing; 401k and flexible spending plans. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Architectural Intern supports the project team to meet the established goals of the project and its clients. This individual must possess strong fundamental architectural skills and apply learned principles and techniques to accomplish project goals. The individual should be passionate about design, and contribute to the creative process by developing innovative solutions that enrich the design.|
This specific position does not require an Architect license, though the individual should be capable of supporting project work effectively while pursuing the knowledge and experience needed to obtain this certification.
|Duties:||• Understand project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures.|
• Support the project team by developing, preparing and reviewing drawings and revisions.
• Participate and engage in client and internal meetings.
• Assist in the assembly of drawing sets and permitting activities as required.
• Cooperate as an active member of a multi-disciplined project team and develop a greater understanding of the other disciplines in the office.
• Support production of proposals and award competition packages.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry and developing technologies.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Professional Architecture degree from an accredited university. Bachelors of Architecture required. Masters in Architecture preferred. |
• Professional expertise demonstrated through 3-5 years of progressive experience working with various project types.
• Aspiration to pursue architectural registration as demonstrated by ARE admission.
• Current affiliation and/ or membership of local, state or national industry organization is a plus.
• Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus;
• Persuasively and visually communicate ideas effectively and tactfully with project team.
• Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Formulate sound and educated decisions based upon available information.
• Bring highly creative and abstract ideas into design.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Ability to build relationships and foster trust.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.